Pursuant to the Law of Higher Education, the University of Warsaw invites applications for a position of Associate Professor (pol. profesor uczelni) in the group of research and teaching academics in the Institute of Informatics.
Terms of employment: starting date October 1st, 2022 (negotiable), full time job, fixed term employment contract for 4 years. On positive assessment in the last year of the employment, the contract can be extended for an indefinite period. The candidates should be committed to research in Mathematics or Computer Science, respetively, and teaching (210 teaching hours per academic year). The basic salary (before taxes) is 6980 PLN per month; in many cases, this amount is further increased by ca. 10-40%, due to salary bonuses that are granted to active members of the faculty.
Requirements. Successful candidates for the University professor position should have:
1. a doctoral degree, in Mathematics, Computer Science or a related field;
2. a significant academic record demonstrating academic autonomy at the level required for Habilitation in Poland;
3. international experience;
Moreover, achievements in at least one of the categories below are required:
1. experience in managing research projects;
2. significant teaching achievements, including training of PhD students, postdocs, etc.;
3. significant organisational achievements;
Application deadline: 18th February, 2022
The applications will be evaluated by the selection committee appointed by the Dean of the Faculty of Mathematics, Informatics and Mechanics, University of Warsaw, Poland. A candidate may be invited to an interview by the committee. The decision date is 31st May 2022 (an e-mail notification will be provided). The competition is the first stage of the recruitment process as described in the Statute of the University of Warsaw, the recommendation by the selection committee being a basis for subsequent stages.